Being active in the community is an important part of the Friendly Fires team. It is critical part of our value system.
Thank you for your service, ask about our military discounts.
The following is a summarized list of some of the charities we participate in:
Friendly Fires participates in the annual Paws at the Point fundraiser for the Kingston Humane Society. For the past 3 years, Friendly Fires has been the single largest contributor of this annual fundraiser.
Friendly Fires has been an active participant in donating to the annual Gaskell Cup. Started in honour of Kirk Gaskell, to raise funds for Hospice Peterborough, the 2015 edition took on extra meaning when HOPE (Helping Others Participate Equally) member and former NHL player Steve Montador died in February.
Friendly Fires is proud to participate in the Hero’s Heart Foundation Walking With The Wounded BBQ.
Friendly Fires has worked with Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre over the past 6 years to support the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes event in Cobourg. Cornerstone provides immediate shelter, counselling and prevention services throughout Northumberland County.
Friendly Fires is participating as a sponsor in Operation Stand Proud – June 29, 2019. A fantastic event to raise money and awareness for the Canadian Armed Forces charity, Soldier On. The main event is an Official Guinness Record Attempt for the Largest Human Maple Leaf! To learn more and to participate check out the Operation Stand Proud Facebook Event Page.
Charities where Friendly Fires has provided gifts and / or financial donations include:
- Kawartha Food Share
- United Way – Peterborough
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters
- Sorptomist International
- Lakefield Chiefs
- Peterborough & District Hall of Fame
- Willy Androli trust for kids
- Heather Roessl Golf Tournament
- ‘Grow a Row’ Campaign through the Loving Spoonful
- REAL Rideau Environmental Action League we have donated some Kill-a-watts to their cause.
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- Lanark County Interval House
- Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre
- Howard Sly Golf Tournament
- Cataraqui-Kingston Rotary Auction
Besides great charities, our incredible team are active volunteers / members of:
- County of Frontenac Green Energy Task Force
- Peterborough Sales & Ad Club
- Kawartha Home Builders Association
- Northumberland Home Builders Association
- WETT Inc.
- Joe’s M.I.L.L. – Musical instrument lending library – we have raised over $7,000 to date to help the MILL
- SWITCH (board member)
- Kingston Home Builders Association (board member)
- CanSIA – Canadian Solar Industry Association – MicroFIT working group
- We have an A+ rating with the Eastern Ontario BBB
And finally, some of the clubs and events we have been asked and participated as guest speakers include:
- KEAF – Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
- Ontario Building Officials Association
- The Climate Action Group in Brockville
- SWITCH – Workshops for Homeowners
- Peterborough Sales & Ad Club
Friendly Fires Corporate Charity Policy
If you are an existing Friendly Fires customer and are interested in learning if Friendly Fires can participate in your charitable event, please feel free to contact us using our charity request submission form. The charitable causes listed above are important ones for our team, and therefore represent the main ones we allocate resources to.