A Leader In The Industry
Voted the best retailer in North America by our peers, we are known as a leader in both the Fireplace and BBQ industries. We offer opportunity, nurture talent, develop leaders and reward achievement.
Many of our team members have a long career at Friendly Fires.
Our full-time licensed technicians are certified in gas, wood & pellet (WETT).
Many of our experienced Sales Consultants have worked at Friendly Fires for over 5 years and many are former installers themselves.
Making an Impact In Customer's Homes
When a customer chooses Friendly Fires as a trusted supplier, we consider this a great honor. We treat their home with the upmost respect. The work we do will have long lasting positive impact on their home and their lifestyle.
It’s your home, settle in.
Making Homes Warm and Cozy Since 1985
Friendly Fires is one of Canada’s largest fireplace & barbecue retailers.
We are continuing to grow and looking for some fantastic people to build their careers with us.
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- RRSP Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
Working at Friendly Fires
At Friendly Fires we work hard and play hard. View our 2019 Year End video to see how we do what we do.
G2 Gas Technician
Friendly Fires, the largest Fireplace BBQ Company in Ontario is looking to hire again. We are seeking a full-time Installer in our Peterborough, Kingston and Carleton Place locations.
Are you looking for a stable work – life balance? Do you have a great work ethic? Do you want to work for a world class company that has received the highest awards by T.S.S.A. and HPBA? Then we should talk.
We offer competitive wages, Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP matching, bonuses and a fun time at work. Apply today, because this could be the start of something great!
The “ideal” candidate will have:
- A G2 gas fitters license (will consider G3 but G2 preferred)
- 1-3 years experience in the field
- WETT certification (not mandatory)
- Experience installing fireplaces
- Workplace safety training, including fall arrest (not mandatory we can train)
The successful candidate will complete a phone interview, an in-person interview and an evaluation shift with an experienced technician.
To apply please submit your resume.
Friendly Fires Carleton Place location and Peterborough Location are Seeking Sales Professionals
to join our growing Team
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for an individual that thrives in a fast paced and ever changing environment. We are looking for a dedicated Sales professional Driven to succeed. You will need to be Highly organized and technically strong, the ideal candidate will have the ability to build rapport quickly working with both Retail and Commercial Customers.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be consulting and selling retail customers on home hearth and barbecues in a retail setting.
- You will hunt new business and commercial accounts by networking, attending trade shows and some cold calling.
- You will learn to effectively use our CRM system becoming efficient at quoting and managing your accounts and activities.
- You will play a key role in keeping our best in class showrooms up to our standards by merchandising as required, Making sure all showroom models are in top shape reporting any issues or damage to our tech team.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, including prospecting, negotiations and closing skills.
- Previous experience selling to both retail and commercial accounts.
- A competitive mindset with the ability to work in a team environment.
- A restless drive to win.
- The willingness to constantly learn and develop.
- College or University degree an asset but not required.
Why Choose us
We have been award the top awards in our industry not only for Canada but North America, We have a passion to win and grow, With 5 locations we are the largest Hearth business in Ontario with plans for continued growth. We have a team of highly motivated leaders with an eagerness to assist our staff WIN
- Competitive compensation (Base Salary + Commission + Bonus Structure and Paid Mileage)
- Excellent health and dental coverage, paid vacation time
- We offer an RRSP matching program
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
To apply please submit your resume.
20k+ Satisfied Customers
“My husband and I bought a beautiful new Hearthstone soapstone stove from Friendly Fires and we are very happy with it. The installation went smoothly and technicians Scott and Kyle were very helpful, providing good advice on how to operate the various controls. The new stove holds the heat for a long, long time and keeps us toasty warm. It’s quite amazing how much heat it produces compared to how little wood we need to put in. It seems that our old stove was wasting a lot of heat that just disappeared up the chimney.”
“From the start, Friendly Fires have been far and above, the best in the business. The first day we visited the store at Carlton Place, we were immediately greeted by Paul. He took the time ( unlike other outlets ) to explain all the pros and cons, of all the Fireplaces in the showroom. We wanted to replace our pellet stove, with a more efficient, and clean burning Gas free standing fireplace. We chose the beautiful Westport stove, with the large glass front, and the most realistic log set that we have ever seen. It was an easy decision. Today we had the fireplace installed by two of Friendly Fires Technicians, Adam and Josh. What a treat and a pleasure,to have someone of that caliber, do the install. They were efficient, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. Before they left, the gave us a run down on the stoves operation. By the way Paul, the Fireplace looks amazing. For anyone looking for a reputable company, I highly recommend Friendly Fires.”