Friendly Fires stocks 3 different sizes of ALL NATURAL Cedar Planks in order to suit your grilling needs. Whether you are BBQ’n
the ever popular Cedar Plank Salmon or something a little more interesting (cedar plank Brie Cheese anyone?) – Cedar Planks are a definite BBQ favorite.
Our planks are sourced from large manufacturers, but also from some local sources such as the Hope Mill near Peterborough, Ontario.
Cedar Plank BBQ Directions
- Soak cedar planks in water for 4 to 6 hours. (this helps reduce the chance that the planks catch fire)
- Place the salmon on the cedar plank, skin side down. Place the cedar plank with the salmon on the grill. Close the lid and bake the fillets for 12-15 minutes.
- For a more smoky flavor season the soaked planks with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes with lid closed. They will begin to crackle and smoke.
- Place salmon fillets carefully on cooking planks, skin side of the fish on the plank. Close the lid and bake the fillets for 12-15 minutes. Check periodically to make sure cooking planks have not caught fire.
Here is a recipe and instructions for cedar plank salmon:
Cedar plank BBQ’n is a delicious and unique way to add flavor to your grilled dishes.
- 1 cedar plank (soaked in water for at least 1 hour)
- 1 pound of salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 400°F).
- Season the salmon fillet with olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon on the cedar plank, skin side down.
- Place the cedar plank with the salmon on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the cedar plank from the grill using tongs and place it on a heatproof surface.
- Serve the salmon on the cedar plank with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.
Tips for cedar plank BBQ’n:
- Make sure to soak the cedar plank in water for at least 1 hour before using it. This will prevent the plank from catching fire and burning.
- Preheat the grill before placing the cedar plank on it.
- Be careful when removing the cedar plank from the grill, as it will be very hot.
- Cedar plank BBQ’n works well with other types of fish, such as trout, as well as with chicken and vegetables.
- Experiment with different seasonings and marinades to create unique flavor combinations.