Friendly Fires offers basic 6″ Chimney Kits for Cathedral Ceiling Installations. These kits include both smoke pipe and chimney pipe.
There are three kits available distinguished by the included amount of chimney (4′ chimney | 8 ‘ chimney | 12’ chimney). Choose whichever kit is most relevant to your install.
- These kits may not cover everything that you need as each install is unique, but it will contain the essential components required for an cathedral ceiling installation.
- There are (3) kits available from the drop down menu. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE in the kits the total amount of chimney included (4′ | 8′ | 12′) as well as the addition of pole braces for 8′ & 12′ kits.
- Once an order is placed, a Friendly Fires representative will contact you to ensure you have everything required for your specific installation. Alternatively, contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
3-2-10 Rule (Important)
- This rule means that your chimney needs to be at least 3 feet above the roof penetration, and its top has to be 2 feet higher than any part of the building that’s within 10 feet.
- If you have a higher pitched roof, you will require more chimney to meet this code. Use the pitch of your roof, and the amount space between your ceiling and roofline to determine the best kit for your installation.
**Important Note: Flashings are NOT included in any kit. If you require a flashing please visit this page to order one. **
The Vertical Installation Kit Includes:
- 1- Stove Adapter
- 1- 40″-68″Adjustable Length (smoke pipe)
- 1-18″ Length (smoke pipe)
- 1- Square Support Box
- 1-48″ Chimney Length | 2- 48″ Chimney Lengths | 3-48″ Chimney Lengths (option from the drop down menu)
- 1- Attic Radiation Shield
- 1- Roof Support
- 1- Storm Collar (5″ Wide)
- 1- Set of Pole Braces (Only included with 8′ & 12′ Kits)
- 1- Deluxe Rain Cap
The kits contain the basic pieces required for a standard install. Please check your stoves manual for proper venting layout and restrictions- because each install is unique, there is the possibility you may require additional offsets or lengths.
Smoke Pipe (Stove Pipe)
- Smoke pipe runs from the top of the stove until it reaches the chimney that penetrates the wall or ceiling. You may need additional lengths and/or elbows to suit your specific installation needs.
- Chimney pipes run through the interior of the house from the room that the stove is in, through the attic then penetrates the roof (vertical); or through the wall and up along the side of the house and up past the roof (up & out). You may require additional lengths and/or elbows to suit your specific installation needs.