These are official HearthStone Bennington replacement parts. These HearthStone parts ship in original packaging.
Detailed Description: Genuine HearthStone handle and side door latch for Bennington wood stoves. The Latch Kit includes the set screw, 4 spacers, handle crank, spring and the side door latch.
Bennington Side Door Latch Installation Instructions
- Remove and discard side door latch assembly (will need to loosen two set screws)
- On Bennington models built before September 2005 (serial number under 3115), remove and discard the side door catch only by removing the two Phillips head screws
- Install new catch using the screws removed in step #2 inserting the 1/8” spacer behind the left side of the catch (as shown on sheet 2)
- Install the new latch assembly as shown on sheet 2. Start out with one brass spacer ring on the latch shaft inside of the door. With the latch shaft extending through the door, place the washer and coil spring on the latch shaft on the outer side of the door. The chrome crank can now be threaded onto the latch. Turn the crank until there is approximately 1/8” between the crank and the washer.
- Align the setscrew hole in the crank with the flat on the latch shaft and insert and tighten the setscrew with the 5/32 hex wrench
- Check door seals using the “dollar bill test.” Shut the door on a dollar bill. If the bill pulls out without any resistance, then your stove’s door isn’t sealed properly. Spacers can be added or removed to adjust pressure on the gasket.
Friendly Fires has access to all your HearthStone product needs.
This genuine HearthStone Bennington door latch kit is in stock ready to ship.