Friendly Fires stocks and recommends ICC EXCELiner rigid stainless steel liner system for many different applications.
ICC Rigid SS Liner – Tee Caps
ICC EXCELiner makes a cap that can installed on the bottom of a base T or any other length of liner. Although some customers do not install a Tee cap in order to allow ash and soot to fall freely into the cleanout, its been our experience that a Tee Cap installed will allow the wood appliance to draft better.
ICC Rigid SS Liner – Tee Caps- Part Numbers:
- 5.5″: 5.5LTC
- 6″: 6LTC
- 7″: 7LTC
- 8″: 8LTC
Why ICC Excel Rigid Liner? Superior Quality Construction!
- Continuously welded seams – no leaks, no possibility of seam separation
- Type 304 stainless steel
- All stainless steel components
- Factory hemmed ends – smooth, safe surfaces – no more cuts
- All stainless steel rivets provided with each liner section
- Pre-punched holes – no drilling required
- Easy to install
- Lifetime Warranty
ICC EXCELiner Technical Information
EXCELiner is tested and listed by Intertek Testing Services to the following standards:
- ULC S-635 – Standard for relining existing masonry chimneys in Canada
- ULC S-640 – Standard for liners for new masonry chimneys in Canada
- UL 1777 – Standard for liners in new and existing masonry chimneys in the USA
- EXCELiner is certified for installation in combination with all certified brands of flexible chimney liner
The installation requirements vary depending on which Standard your installation must meet, particularly with respect to the requirements for insulation and clearance from the liner. You must insure that your EXCELiner is installed in accordance with your local building codes.
EXCELiner is available in 5”, 5.5″, 6”, 7” and 8” diameters.
ICC EXceliner Applications
EXCELiner is certified as a chimney liner for use on appliances that burn: Wood; Oil; Natural or LP Gas.
Allowable Flue Gas Temperatures
- Max Continuous 650°C (1200°F)
- Brief Forced Firing 925°C (1700°F)
- Tested To 1150°C (2100°F)
Clearance to Combustible Materials
The clearance between EXCELiner and surrounding combustible and noncombustible materials varies with the type of installation. Please refer to the installation instructions for specific details for your application.
Single wall: .016” or .025” stainless steel
Seam: Continuous seam welded.
Insulation: Optional (required for some applications) foil backed ceramic liner.
The EXCELiner is certified as a stainless steel chimney liner for use on appliances that burn wood, oil and natural gas and comes in 5″, 5.5″, 6″, 7″ & 8″ diameters.