Friendly Fires stocks all components required to connect a wood burning fireplace to exterior combustion air. Typically you require a insulation wrap, flexible duct and an outside air hood. This kit includes all of those components. Most wood burning appliances require a 4 inch diameter outside air kits. Some larger units (or when a long run) require 5″ inside diamater kit.
Installation Note: It is required that the flexible duct is wrapped with insulation to prevent condensation. Also, if you require a tight bend out of the fireplace (or stove), then you may want the 90 degree elbow as it allows a tighter installation.
- Air hood (Intake) includes a 1/4″ spacing galvanized bird screen
- The “Easy Bend” Flexible Duct is 10 feet long, corrugated, shipped compressed and it is made with type 3003 0.004 inch thick aluminum
- The Insulation Wrap is 10 feet long, R-4 slip wrap with vapour barrier that helps reduce heat loss.
The 90 degree adjustable elbow – if chosen -will ship in eather 4″ or 5″ depending on the kit chosen.
Manufacturer Cross Reference: These kits fit all 4″ fresh air kits for the following manufacturers:
- Ambiance Wood Fireplaces
- BIS Wood Fireplaces (UZI)
- EnerZone Wood Fireplaces
- Napoleon Wood Fireplaces
- Osburn Wood Fireplaces
- Pacific Energy Wood Stoves
- Regency Wood Fireplaces
- RSF Wood Fireplaces (FO-INT)
- SBI Wood Fireplaces
- Supreme Wood Fireplaces
- True North Wood Stoves
- Valcourt Wood Fireplaces
- Many more…..
Please note: If your appliance does not have a hinge attached – you may requre a specific coupler from your manufacturer to an outside air kit. This kit does NOT include the manufacturer specific coupler. Unsure what to buy? Contact us with any questions.
Friendly Fires outside air kits are in stock and ready to ship