This is a genuine replacement door gasket kit for several models of RSF Opel Double Door wood burning fireplaces. This kit ships new in its original packaging, it is not an aftermarket equivalent.
RSF Part Number: FO-FDGRK2 (replaces old part number FR-14.10.2)
- This replacement rope gasket kit fits RSF Opel Fireplaces that have two (2) doors (90″ in length).
- This kit includes the gasket glue, a single gasket long enough for both (2) doors as well as the thin round gasket in between the doors that is required for some older model RSF Opels (1/4″ round gasket, 18″ in length).
- If your RSF Opel Wood Fireplace only has a single ‘1’ door, that is a different gasket kit.
Applicable 2 Door RSF Opel Models
- RSF Opel
- RSF Opel 2
- RSF Opel 2 Plus
- RSF Opel 2000
- RSF Opel 2000 HT
- RSF Opel AP
Please check the part number as it may work on other RSF Opel wood burning fireplaces as well. Friendly Fires also stocks replacement gasket kits for all other RSF Wood Fireplaces as well.
Purpose: The gasket (also referred to as asbestos rope) is a barrier between the doors and the face of the fireplace. When the gasket starts to wear out, the unit will leak air and cause the fireplace to lose efficiency and possibly over fire which may lead to damage. Its a fairly inexpensive yet important replacement part.
RSF Opel Gasket Installation Tips:
- Ensure your fireplace is cold. Removed both doors and place face down on a surface that will not scratch.
- Remove all old gaskets and debris from the gasket channels (use a wire brush if necessary). These doors are made from durable cast iron, you will not damage them by cleaning out the gasket channel.
- Apply tape (masking tape, electrical tape, other…) to one end of the gasket rope. Place that end into the door channel and gently drop the new gasket in until it meets the end. Where the two ends meet, apply tape and cut the gasket long enough to ensure there is no gap. In other words, you want the ends to have a slight ‘pressure’ where the ends meet to avoid a gap where air could come into the fireplace. The tape will burn off – that is ok. The tape simply helps avoid the gasket from fraying in the future.
- Remove the gasket and apply a small amount of high temperature silicone into the channel (the same that came with the kit). Gently lay the gasket into the channel until the two ends meet. Ensure there is no gap at the ends.
- Repeat with the other door (if necessary).
- If your RSF Opel has a small gasket in between both doors, apply a small amount of the glue that came with the kit and lay the thin gasket down. This is not applicable on all RSF Opels.
Helpful Tip: Do not use too much glue and ensure the two ends meet up to avoid a gap.
Other Notes: This kit also includes the 1/4″ round x 18″ gasket that mounts between the doors. The Old RSF Replacement Gasket Kit number was 14.10.2. Wood stove and fireplace door gaskets are also commonly referred to as “Door Sealers” (Asbestos style rope that goes around the door channel).
People Who Purchased This Gasket Kit Also Purchased
At the same time as replacing the door gasket, you may also want to replace the RSF Opel Blower, RSF Opel Wood Door Handle or the RSF Glass Gasket in order to ensure a proper seal of your door. Other common replacement parts and accessories are listed below.
This genuine RSF Opel Door Gasket is in stock ready to ship.
There are no reviews yet.