Originally developed for use in blast furnaces, Friendly Fires’ castable refractory cement has exceptional strength and abrasion resistance. Its a dry-mix that chemically sets and dries hard. This cement is perfect for casting into custom designs, as it will hold its shape while drying. It can even be used as the sole material when casting a solid stove bed or outdoor oven. Exceptionally strong and also works to fill large holes or cracks in masonry, replacing mortar, and for tuck-pointing. May be used in outdoor fire pits.
Castable Refractory Cement Uses
- Fill cracks and gaps in mortar areas (wood stoves, breach pipes, etc…)
- Create your own custom firebrick for a wood burning appliance
- Create pizza ovens or other outdoor wood burning products
- Any other application where a high heat product is required
Castable Refractory Cement Details
- Each 12.5 lbs. container can cast a block 12″ x 12″ x 1 1/4″
- Light brown when cured
- Rated up to 2200°F (1200°C)
- Does not require heat to cure
This high quality moldable refractory cement is in stock ready to ship.
There are no reviews yet.