Friendly Fires stocks all components required to vent a wood stove or wood insert up a masonry cavity (chimney). These stainless steel flex liner kits are high quality (lifetime warranty) and are designed to ‘easily’ be installed inside a masonry clay tile. These are professional grade venting kits.
Stainless Steel Flex Liner Details
- Convenient outside diameter sizes (read below) that fit 6″ outlet appliances.
- Kits Include: rain cap, flashing, top support, high quality stainless liner, as well as dripless appliance connector (connects liner to appliance OR base tee)
- Includes everything you need to vent your appliance safely inside a masonry cavity
5″ Liner Installation Notes: If you chose a 5″ Liner and you are connecting to a 6″ appliance collar (or 6″ base Tee) – you will also require a 5″ to 6″ Liner Connection (ICC 6XLAF5).
6″ Liner Installation Note: Our 6″ stainless steel liner kits are 6″O.D. (5.5″ I.D.) allowing the liner to fit down a standard 8″ x 12″ O.D. masonry clay tile (other stainless steel liner systems are over 6″ O.D. and make going around clay tiles difficult). If your masonry clay tile is 8″ x 8″, you will require a 5″ stainless steel flex liner kit. This kit includes the dripless connector to attach to a 6″ appliance collar (or 6″ base Tee).
IF THIS LINER KIT IS GOING THROUGH A MASONRY CHIMNEY AND CONNECTING TO A FREESTANDING WOOD STOVE ,YOU MAY REQUIRE SOME ADDITIONAL PEICES (see below):
- A Base Tee– Friendly Fires recommends and stocks the Base Tees that HAVE an adjustable snout. This makes the installation much easier. The snout is removed, then T is then lowered into the masonry cavity, and then the horizontal part of the snout is attached from the horizontal breach.
- Tee-Cap– A cap that can installed on the bottom of a base T or any other length of liner. Although some customers do not install a Tee cap in order to allow ash and soot to fall freely into the cleanout, its been our experience that a Tee Cap installed will allow the wood appliance to draft better.
- Dripless Connector – These dripless stainless steel connectors allow a stainless steel flex liner to be attached to a wood insert fireplace, wood stove or stainless liner (smoke pipe, T…) and ensure creosote remains inside the venting.
- If your masonry chimney is not to code, you will want to insulate the liner (reduces clearances and makes it safer)
Unsure what to buy? Contact us with any questions.
Friendly Fires high quality stainless steel flex liner kits are in stock ready to ship