This is an official genuine part from Selkirk Corporation. This is a Selkirk EnergyVent SuperVent Pellet Chimney Tee Cap. This is the little cap that fits on the bottom of the pellet vent ‘T.’ This is for the T Cap Only (not the full Tee). It typically comes with the T at original purchase, but they sometimes wear out over time.
Selkirk Part Numbers: EVPL3-TC & EVPL4-TC (same as PL3-TC/PL4-TC)
Installation Notes: If this part is being installed indoors, we recommend using high temperature silicone and / or foil tape in order to ensure you do not have leakage inside your home. This ‘T’ cap is especially prone to leakage. Please also note that you can not match (line up) different brands of pellet venting – they will not work together.
About Selkirk PL Pipe (EnergyVent / SuperVent):
- Usage: Venting pellet burning stoves approved for use with PL-Vent (gases must not exceed 570 F or 298.80 C)
- Available Sizes: 3″ & 4″ Inside Diameter
- Materials: Case – GalvalumeT AZ 150; Liner – Type 304 – Stainless Steel; Collar – Aluminized
- Listing: Listed to ULC S609, ULC/ORD C441 and UL 641
- Features and Benefits: 1″ clearance to combustibles; Sturdy collars for snug fit; approved with 45 elbow termination and collar with screen.
- Made in Stoney Creek
About Selkirk Branding: Selkirk has made different brands of pellet vent chimney over the years that are all the same. The EnergyVent pellet venting was commonly referred to as PL Pipe, Selkirk Pellet Pipe, EnergyVent, and recently SuperVent. These are all the same pipe.
If you would like to know more to ensure you are purchasing the correct brand of Selkirk pellet venting, please click here.
Pellet Venting Installation Tips:
- The manufacturer recommends using high temperature silicone and / or foil tape at every joint in order to prevent ash and air leakage.
- If you would the pellet pipe inside your home to be black, consider painting it with high temperature paint.
- Some pellet experts mention that when a pellet vent pipe increases from 3″ to 4″ and / or has a vertical rise (including past the roof) – a pellet stove operates cleaner and more efficiently.
- Because the exhaust of a pellet stove is often off-center, some customers will angle the first part (45 degree and / or Tee) so that the vertical rise appears in the middle of the pellet stove instead of off to one side for cosmetic reasons.
If your required part is not listed on our website, we apologyze. Please contact us and we will source it for you.
These EnergyVent Tee Caps are typically in stock and will ship within 1-2 business days.