Well our friends from Napoleon have come up with a mouth-watering slider recipe that you will not want to miss – say it with me, “Pineapple Teriyaki Sliders!”
Roll up your sleeves and fire up the grill, these are going to be good!!
PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI SLIDERS
8 COBS Gourmet Slider Buns
2 lbs. medium ground beef
¼ cup Club House La Grille 30 Minute Teriyaki Marinade
+ ¼ cup for basting
4-8 slices cooked bacon
extra old cheddar cheese
Quick Pickled Red Onion
1 large red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 cup vinegar (or 50/50 vinegar+cider vinegar)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1½ tsp. peppercorns
pinch red pepper flakes
Grilled Pineapple Sauce
3 to 4 slices pineapple grilled
1 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Teriyaki Marinade, and Steakhouse Onion Burger Seasoning by hand. Form patties that are just a little larger than the slider buns. Place the patties onto a sheet of waxed paper. Chill the in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While the slider patties are chilling, make the pickled onion. Place the vinegar, sugar, salt, peppercorns, and red pepper flakes into a saucepan and bring to a boil. While that is heating, slice the red onion in half and then into ¼-inch (or thinner) slices, slice the garlic too. Place the garlic and onion into a 1 pint (500 ml) jar with a lid. Once the vinegar mixture has boiled, pour the liquid over the onions and garlic in the jar. Allow this to sit on the counter until room temperature. They’re ready to eat once they are cool.
- Place the Napoleon Warming Rack Baking Stone onto the grill and preheat your grill to 450°F. Place the bacon onto a foil lined tray and then on to the grill while it’s preheating.
- Once up to temperature, grill the pineapple and slider patties over direct heat. Baste the slider patties with teriyaki marinade flipping the pineapple and sliders once grill marks have formed.
- Place the COBS Bread Gourmet Slider Buns, cut side down, onto the Warming Rack Baking Stone to toast.
- Grill the sliders until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Remove everything from the grill. Top the sliders with sharp cheddar while you prep the pineapple sauce.
- Cut the pineapple into quarters, removing the core portion, then mince the pineapple, leaving a few chunks for garnish. Stir the pineapple into the sour cream.
- Assemble the burgers with sauce on the bottom bun, topped with a patty, then with onion and a little more sauce on top. Garnish with a pineapple chunk on a toothpick through the top of the bun.
Enjoy these Pineapple Teriyaki Sliders With Quick Pickled Red Onion. They tickle pretty much every sense you have. They’re pleasing to behold in all of their miniature burger glory, the smoky scent of the bacon and beef, the sweetness from the pineapple entice, and then all of the flavours culminate in a flavour explosion on the tongue.
We have a wide range of BBQ Accessories that can help you with this and any other recipe including Tools & Gadgets, Brushes and Scrapers, and much more!