A few neat happenings at Friendly Fires. Firstly, our Kingston Showroom has just received a makeover to improve and modernize displays as well as allow us to display the full line of Friendly Fires’ outdoor products. It has not been easy for our team or our customers – so we greatly appreciate everyone’s patience during construction. We are proud to say however that renos are 95% complete – so it will be business as usual (and beyond) very shortly.
Secondly, our BBQ class schedule is nearing completion. Contact us (to be on our list) or check back soon for the schedule.
Thirdly, we just came back from the annual BBQ & fireplace trade show that our industry hosts every year, and we got some great ideas. At these shows we always get pumped up about ‘shiny objects.” It’s great. That said, over the years, we have jumped the gun sometimes with new products and learned the hard way (anyone ever buy the first generation of a car before?), so we have tended to prefer ‘generation 2’ of new products.
Trade Show Ideas we are implementing:
1. New amazing Kozy Heat Fireplace called the Alpha (now installed in our Kingston location)
2. New incredible charcoal lighter called ‘Looft.’ If you cook on charcoal, you need to check it out
3. Negotiated better pricing on some current products we carry
4. Forged great relationships with other hearth stores and are working together on best practices
Pending trade show ideas
These are neat things we saw that we are considering:
1. New charcoal brand: John Wayne (who doesn’t like John Wayne)
2. New Linear wood fireplace (its about time!)
3. New gas fireplace that vents with propelyne (ie – plastic) venting
4. New outdoor see-through gas fireplace from Napoleon – has LED lights integrated with it
5. New Kozy Heat Thief River Falls clean face fireplace (currently our top selling fireplace)
6. New HearthStone wood stove products – economically priced HearthStone products
7. New Extra Large Saffire charcoal BBQ
Which of these new products will be on display at Friendly Fires this year? I guess you will have to visit to find out!
Happy end of fireplace season.