This is a genuine new in original packaging ICC Excel Chimney component. This ICC chimney components comes with the full factory warranty. The ICC Chimney Revolving Rain Cap gets installed at the top of the ICC Chimney system and is used when the standard or deluxe rain cap are not working (driving rain and downdraft situations). ICC makes a few different styles of rain caps: Standard, Deluxe & High Wind.
- This page is for the ERRC – The Revolving Rain Cap. The ERRC rotates so helps certain chimney systems when driving rain and strong winds are present and can help prevent downdrafts.
ICC Chimney Rain Cap – Revolving High Wind Part Numbers:
- ICC Excel Deluxe Rain Cap 6″: 6ERRC
- ICC Excel Deluxe Rain Cap 7″: 7ERRC
- ICC Excel Deluxe Rain Cap 8″: 8ERRC
Installation Notes: 1: the ERCS will not fit on this cap, and on some occasions, the ERRC can freeze into a fixed position.
About Other ICC Rain Caps
ERC: The regular rain cap is made from .016″ thick type 304 stainless steel and carries a one year warranty.
EDRC: The deluxe cap is made from .025″ thick type 304 stainless steel and carries a lifetime 100% full replacement warranty.
ERCS: An optional stainless steel spark screen is available for installations where sparks can pose a safety problem.
ERCW: The optional wind and rain shield improves draft by up to 40% in windy conditions and is very effective at preventing wind driven rain from entering the chimney. It bolts to the existing holes in either the regular or deluxe cap.
ERCB: The rain cap base is designed to cover the end of the chimney in applications where a rain cap is not practical but it does not keep rain from entering the chimney.
ERRC : The revolving rain cap helps to prevent the entry of wind driven rain and helps to prevent wind induced downdrafts.
About ICC Chimney
Most ICC Chimney components come with a lifetime 100% full replacement warranty. Other ICC Excel Product Features include:
- EXCEL is tested and listed to the ULC S-629 chimney standard. The USA standard requires the chimney to withstand three 10-minute 2100°F chimney fires. It also passes the Canadian Standard. The Canadian standard requires the chimney to withstand three 30-minute chimney fires (three times longer than the USA standard).
- EXCEL’s unique thermoplus insulation has an extremely high insulating value that helps to keep flue gasses hot. Creosote won’t condense in a hot flue.
- EXCEL is the lightest weight insulated chimney of its kind on the market. This low thermal mass enables it to heat up quickly, reducing creosote formation.
- EXCEL’s light weight helps make it the easiest chimney to install.
- EXCEL incorporates continuous blanket insulation into a design which eliminates couplings between lengths. This means there are no hot spots on the outside, or cool spots on the inside.
The EXCEL insulated stainless steel chimney is suitable for use on appliances that burn wood, oil, coal, gas and charcoal and comes in 5”, 6”, 7”, 8” & larger diameters.
ICC Chimney Rain Caps are typically in stock and ready to ship within 1-2 business days.